Friday, July 15, 2011

Cassidy Ruth

I'm back again! Trying to fill in the gaps from the last 6 months. Sorry that I fell off the bandwagon, but we had a lot going on here. :-) I'll try and get you all caught up on what's been happening here in 2011. I'll start with our precious new little girl....Cassidy Ruth!

Our beautiful baby was due to come on March 1st, but she had other plans. On a cold February day, Paul left to travel 6+ hours up to Traverse City, Michigan to help out at a church. Later that afternoon, I left with Chloe to head out to Eric and Krista's to celebrate the birthdays of Micah and Sydney. I was SUPER uncomfortable.

At about 5pm, Chloe asked to go to the bathroom. I shuffled over to the powder room in Eric's house to help Chloe. When I shut the door and bent over to help her, my water suddenly broke! Thank goodness I was in the bathroom rather than in the living area where about 20 other guests were gathered.


I suddenly could not make a decision. I couldn't believe this was happening 10 days early with Paul out of town! Sarah and Krista soon came to the rescue. In a few minutes, I was out the door with Sarah driving Chloe and me home, and Colson following behind. After arriving at his destination less than an hour prior, Paul jumped back in his car and began the 6 hour drive back home.


About an hour later (and my contractions progressing), we arrived at home. I quickly finished packing my bags and talked Colson through putting Chloe to bed. Then Sarah and I were off to the hospital.

Soon after, we arrived, got checked in and began the wait. All seemed to be going fine other than the fact that I was having a baby and Paul was still hours away! Finally, at about midnight when I was getting an epidural, Paul walked through the door. Phew!


The rest was uneventful from there. Sarah went home, and Paul and I turned the lights off to try and get some rest. About 5 AM, the doctor checked me and let me know I was ready to push. At 5:21 AM, Cassidy Ruth Langford was born into this world. She weighed 9 pounds, 1 ounce and was 21 inches long. What a precious gift! We are so thankful for a healthy child and a new little girl to add to our family.






1 comment:

flutter said...

oh she's beautiful, congratulations!