Friday, December 14, 2007

Stuck in Oklahoma!

Last weekend we took a trip to Oklahoma City to see our good friends Lane and Sabrina Davis. It was quite an interesting trip. Our flight was canceled on the way out, so we arrived a day late and had to rush to a gig and sing right away. Then Oklahoma City was hit with a TERRIBLE ice storm. Our flight was delayed two different days! Instead of returning to Chicago on Sunday night, we didn't get home until Tuesday night. It was quite a trip. However, we were thankful for the time with our friends, power, and also glad to be home safely.

Here are some pics and two videos of our time there.


Just hanging out reading books and lounging around.



We played a lot of Speed Scrabble. Lane had one round with more vowels than a person should be allowed. Here's what he spelled.


This is a shot of the backyard. After a few hours, many of the tops of these trees were on the ground in the yard.


Here's a quick video of us getting ready to sing on Sunday morning. Sabrina lost her voice and I was a bit preoccupied, so only the guys were actually rehearsing...sort of!

The second video is us playing some video games. Yes...you heard me correctly....I played video games. They had Nintendo Wii and we had a great time playing the sports games, and all felt a little sore afterwards. I'll still never buy one, and I am sure some brain cells were fried in the process!

No comments: